Teach Yourself : Triangles (Class 10)
A self-paced course on Triangles for Class 10. On-line classes can be conducted, if required.
This course is for students of Class 10. The course contains recording of classes, ppt presentations, solved question papers, unsolved question papers assignments and tests. It is a self-paced course, but on-line classes can be conducted, if required.
For more detail, please visit us on www.k2pclasses.com.You may write us to email@example.com.
You may call us on +91-9431117966.
The course offers following topics
> Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
> Criteria of similarity of two triangles
> (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
> (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
> (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
> (Motivate) If a perpendicular is drawn from the vertex of the right angle of a right triangle to the hypotenuse, the triangles on each side of the perpendicular are similar to the whole triangle and to each other.
> (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
> (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
> (Prove) The ratio of the areas of two similar triangles is equal to the ratio of the squares on their corresponding sides.
> (Prove) In a right triangle, the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.
> (Prove) In a triangle, if the square on one side is equal to sum of the squares on the other two sides, the angles opposite to the first side is a right triangle.
It is expected that the student have studied Polynomials for class 9.
The course consists of
|Number of videos||: 2|
|Number of PPTs||: 1|
|Number of documents||: 2|
|Number of online tests||: 1|
|Number of assignments||: 1|
1. What topics would you cover in this course? : Triangles for class 10
2. Is this going to be a duration based course? : No
3. Who would be target audience for the course? : Class 10 students and anybody who wants to learn Triangles.
4. Does this course prepare learners for some examinations / certifications? : Yes, the course prepares learners for Class 10 examination.
5. Are there any prerequisites for taking this course? : It is expected that the student has passed class 9.
6. Would there be a book / study material recommended as part of the course? : Class 10 Maths books.
7. What would be the outcomes of the course, once a learner completes it? : After competing this course, a learner will be able to prove triangle theorems and to solve related problems of class 10 standard.
Language of instruction: English